Bachelor of Design (B. Des or B. Design) is an undergraduate degree course in the field of Design, where the key aspects are innovation and creativity. Students who have an edge over imagination and a good taste in designing may opt for this course.
B.Des Interior Design or Bachelor of Design in Interior Design is an undergraduate Fashion and Interior Designing course. Interior Design is the study of the concepts and techniques of organizing, managing and planning of the interiors of rooms at homes, offices, retail shops, showrooms, hotels, airports, exhibition halls, conference centres, theatres, TV and flm studios and commercial establishments etc. In other words, B.Des. (Interior Design) is the study of creating original designs which involve converting artistic talent and creativity in beautifying the spaces that include choice and decoration of walls, floors, roofs, choice and placement of furniture and other indoor objects, window treatments and other indoor objects, lighting and control of visual and sound effects, etc. B.Des. (Interior Design) degree course generally covers the study of some of the specialized fields in Interior Design such as business design, institutional design, and landscape designing and residential design. The duration of the course is four years and may be less or more than this as per different institutes. B.Des.
Why choose SRM SEAD?
Step aboard a fun, interactive course and ultimately a career that is engaging and has no room for boredom! Stand out from the crowd and pursue your Architecture Education at SRM SEAD.
1. Sr. No. Subjects of Study
2. Fundamentals of Structures I
3. Theory of Design
4. Freehand Drawing and Geometric Construction
5. Material Exposure
6. Communication Skills
7. Introduction to Computers I
8. Fundamentals of Design I
1. Fundamentals of Structures II
2. Research Strategies Design Process
3. Analytical Drawing
4. Basic Photography
5. Humanities Art Appreciation and Appraisal
6. Introduction to Computers II
7. Fundamentals of Design II
1. History of Crafts and Interior Design I
2. Interior Materials I
3. Anthropometry and Ergonomics
4. Technical Drawing and Computer Applications
5. Interior Construction I
6. Interior Design I
1. Building Services I
2. Interior Materials II
3. Elective: Poetry and Literature OR Elective: Journalism
4. Advanced Computer Applications
5. Interior Construction II
6. Interior Design II
1. Building Services II
2. Interior Materials III
3. Elective: Dance and Music OR Elective: Theatre and Film Making
4. Materials and Processes I
5. Interior Construction III
6. Interior Design III
1.Can start his own Consultancy firm. As an Architect/ Interior designer.
3. Govt. departments.
5. Becomes eligible for P. G. in landscaping, city Planning, Urban Planning, Transport Planning, Environmental Planning etc.
Eligibility for Admission : 50% marks in 10+ 2 in any stream (Commerce/ PCM).
- You must have good communication and interpersonal skills as you need to describe your ideas to the clients.
- You should be creative, imaginative and self-motivated.
- You should possess a good knowledge of past and present styles of design.
We think B.Des is more preferred for interior design. We give you information about both courses.
B.Sc. Interior Design is a 3 years undergraduate course in which students learn to design comfortable spaces and anticipate peoples needs. The basic eligibility of the course is a pass in 10+2. The course teaches the student with a wide array of structural requirements, health and safety issues and building codes as well.
Bachelor of Design (B. Des or B. Design) is an undergraduate degree course in the field of Design, where the key aspects are innovation and creativity. Students who have an edge over imagination and a good taste in designing may opt for this course. The students who have successfully completed their schooling are eligible for the Bachelor of Design course. It has a duration of 3 or 4 years.