1. Sr. No. Subjects of Study
2. Fundamentals of Structures I
3. Theory of Design
4. Freehand Drawing and Geometric Construction
5. Material Exposure
6. Communication Skills
7. Introduction to Computers I
8. Fundamentals of Design I
1. Fundamentals of Structures II
2. Research Strategies Design Process
3. Analytical Drawing
4. Basic Photography
5. Humanities Art Appreciation and Appraisal
6. Introduction to Computers II
7. Fundamentals of Design II
1. History of Crafts and Interior Design I
2. Interior Materials I
3. Anthropometry and Ergonomics
4. Technical Drawing and Computer Applications
5. Interior Construction I
6. Interior Design I
1. Building Services I
2. Interior Materials II
3. Elective: Poetry and Literature OR Elective: Journalism
4. Advanced Computer Applications
5. Interior Construction II
6. Interior Design II
1. Building Services II
2. Interior Materials III
3. Elective: Dance and Music OR Elective: Theatre and Film Making
4. Materials and Processes I
5. Interior Construction III
6. Interior Design III
1. Building Services III
2. Cost Estimation
3. Elective: Human Interaction OR Elective: Marketing
4. Arts and Crafts
5. Interior Construction IV
6. Interior Design IV
1. Building Services IV
2. Professional Practice
3. Specifications and Controls
4. Product Semantics
5. Interior Landscape
6. Interior Design V
1. Seminar-Thesis Topic
2. Dissertation (Case Study) Thesis Topic
3. Interior Design-Thesis
What future prospects one has after this course ?
1.Can start his own Consultancy firm. As an Architect/ Interior designer.
3. Govt. departments.
5. Becomes eligible for P. G. in landscaping, city Planning, Urban Planning, Transport Planning, Environmental Planning etc.
What are the eligibility criteria’s for admission to this course?
Eligibility for Admission : 50% marks in 10+ 2 in any stream (Commerce/ PCM).
what are the skills required for B.Des course?
- You must have good communication and interpersonal skills as you need to describe your ideas to the clients.
- You should be creative, imaginative and self-motivated.
- You should possess a good knowledge of past and present styles of design.
Should I select BSc or B.Des for interior designing course?
We think B.Des is more preferred for interior design. We give you information about both courses.
B.Sc. Interior Design is a 3 years undergraduate course in which students learn to design comfortable spaces and anticipate peoples needs. The basic eligibility of the course is a pass in 10+2. The course teaches the student with a wide array of structural requirements, health and safety issues and building codes as well.
Bachelor of Design (B. Des or B. Design) is an undergraduate degree course in the field of Design, where the key aspects are innovation and creativity. Students who have an edge over imagination and a good taste in designing may opt for this course. The students who have successfully completed their schooling are eligible for the Bachelor of Design course. It has a duration of 3 or 4 years.